Monday 19 May 2014

Senator Wamatangi Buys and Burns Hundreds of Nairobian Newspapers Copies After Rape Exposé

On Friday, the nation was shocked
by news that Kiambu Senator
Kimani Wamatangi had raped his
househelp. Standard Group owned
Nairobian Newspaper carried the
exclusive.
Here’s an excerpt from the report.
I will never forget July 8,
2006. It was my third day at
work as a househelp in the
Wamatangi household. I can
recall the exact time,
1.30pm, because I wanted to
watch a programme on
television. My boss
Wamatangi came home and
found his wife with me in
the sitting room.
He started quarrelling her,
demanding to know why she
didn’t go to work. I quickly
stepped out of the sitting
room and went to the
kitchen. I could hear them
quarrel in English. I could
gather that mzee was not
happy. After five minutes,
madam left for work, and I
was left in the house with
Wamatangi.
He then summoned me into
the living room and asked
me to bring him tea.
He asked me to sit down and
chat. I politely refused and
told him I prefer black tea
since I didn’t like milk. That
was the moment he pulled
me next to him and pushed
me onto the sofa.
I started screaming and he
slapped me on the face. He
then used his hand to cover
my mouth. I think my
screams must have attracted
the neighbour next door
because I heard someone
knock on the door, but they
soon left.
He forcefully removed my
panty and forced himself on
me. I cried bitterly. I had
never had sex. I was a virgin.
I was saved and a staunch
church member.
I don’t know how long it
lasted, but I just lay there,
in pain, and too shocked to
move.
Winfred Wangui
In a strange twist, Standard is
reporting that an outraged
Wamatangi issued instructions to
some unknown people to ensure
that the paper was “out of
circulation by close of business.”
That was on Friday.
“There is a vehicle buying the
current issue of The Nairobian off
the streets and the people in the
car have told vendors to deliver
more copies at Nyayo Stadium,” a
vendor told the paper.
This blurred out SUV was pictured
buying hundreds or maybe
thousands of copies, before
burning them.
“They were spotted buying copies
of The Nairobian in large
quantities within the CBD and
along Kiambu Road. Later on, we
saw them burning the papers near
a railway line in upper hill,” a
source said.
A group of men seen burning
copies of the newspaper at
Railways Upper Hill
That I must admit no one saw
coming.

"Its a shame to be identified as a rapist"
  -Toboa siri

image

0 comments:

TRENDING THIS WEEK

SPORTS