Friday 16 May 2014

Eto'o: Mourinho is a fool for calling me old

The coach appeared to poke fun at
the Cameroon international's age
earlier in the season and he has
now slammed the Portuguese, with
his contract at the club having
expired
Samuel Eto'o has labelled Jose
Mourinho a "fool" after the Chelsea
boss questioned the veracity of his
official age earlier in the season.
Mourinho was unwittingly caught on
camera lamenting the quality of the
strikers at his disposal at a sponsors'
event in Switzerland in February, and
jokingly suggested that Eto'o could
be older than he claims to be.
The now-33-year-old appeared to
react in jest by celebrating his next
Chelsea goal by holding his back in
false pain, aping the manner of a
geriatric.
However, Eto'o - who is now out of
contract at Stamford Bridge - has
blasted Mourinho for his comments,
while also insisting that he can
continue playing at the highest level
for the foreseeable future.
"Today, I am 33-years-old - and it is
not because a fool called me an old
man that you must believe it," the
Cameroonian said.
"And you may have noticed that the
old man was better than the
youngsters. Some believe I am going
to retire in the United States or in
the Middle East, but I have regained
the joy of the Champions League
and I am going to carry on playing in
the Champions League.
"Where? I am not going to tell you."
Eto'o is set to feature at his fourth
World Cup for Cameroon next month,
and the four-time African Player of
the Year feels he could go on and
break Lothar Matthaus' and Antonio
Carbajal's record of playing at five
World Cups.
"I am going to carry on playing
because physically and mentally I
feel great," he added.
"So I am going to go to this World
Cup and to the next one when I will
be 37. Some did it at 42, so I can
still play at two more World Cups."

0 comments:

TRENDING THIS WEEK

SPORTS